Terms and Conditions
Vistaprint Online Referral Programme
Vistaprint Netherlands, B.V. ("we", "Vistaprint" or "Company") may, from time to time, offer users of our service ("Service") the opportunity to refer friends to try the Service ("Vistaprint Online Referral Programme" or "Programme"). We reserve the right to terminate the Programme at any time for any reason. The Programme is administered on our behalf by Extole, Inc., 225 Bush St, Suite 1650, San Francisco, CA 94107 ("Service Provider").
Users (defined below) are bound by these Terms and Conditions by participating in the Programme. By participating in the Programme, Users agree to use the Programme in the manner specified in these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety you are not authorized to register as a Referrer (defined below) or participate in the Programme in any manner. Users may not participate in the Programme when doing so would be prohibited by any applicable laws or regulations.
We reserve the right to modify or amend at any time these Terms and Conditions and the methods through which Rewards are earned. We reserve the right to disqualify any User (defined below) at any time from participation in the Programme if he/she does not comply with any of these Terms and Conditions.
No part of the Programme is directed to persons under the age of 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE PROGRAMME AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
Individuals may participate in the Programme to recommend services or content made available by the Company to their friends, family or colleagues ("Users"). To do this, Users must submit personal information about themselves and their friends, family members or colleagues, such as name and e-mail address information, so that the Company can enable Users to send these recommendations. The personal information will be collected, processed and used in accordance with Company's Privacy Statement, which can be found at http://www.vistaprint.com/customer-care/privacy-and-security.aspx?rd=2. In addition, personal information may be used by the Company to contact Users regarding their participation in the Programme and to receive communications from the Company. When a User provides personal information about his/her friends, family members or colleagues to receive communications via the Programme, the provided personal information will be used by the Company for sending these communications on behalf of the User.
How the Programme Works.
Programme Participation, Generally
To participate, you can go to http://vistaprint.extole.com/zone/microsite and follow the on-screen instructions to refer friends, family members or colleagues to the Service by entering their names and email addresses in the "Refer A Friend" box.
Users who refer are called "Referrers." Individuals who receive a referral are called "Referred Customers." An "eligible" Referrer who is fully compliant with these Terms and Conditions may receive "Reward(s)" for every "Qualified Referral."
To be "eligible," a Referrer must:
- be a legal resident of the United States of America; and
- be at least 18 years old.
Employees of the Company, its Service Provider or any of its or their subsidiaries, affiliates or promotional agencies, and those living in the same household, are not eligible.
Making a Referral
Once an individual refers a friend, family member or colleague, he/she becomes a Referrer and will be provided with a unique referral link ("Personal Link") that allows the Referrer to receive credit for Qualified Referrals ("Credit"). Personal Links will be issued only to individuals.
Referrers must respect the spirit of the Programme by only referring real individuals who meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions. Referrers cannot refer themselves. For example, a Referrer may not create multiple or fake accounts or participate in the Programme using multiple or fake email addresses or identities.
A Qualified Referral means that all the following conditions are met:
- The Referred Customer completed the purchase of the Service using the Referrer's "Personal Link." If a Referred Customer purchases or registers with the Service using any other link or method, the registration will not count as a Qualified Referral and the Referrer will not earn Credit;
- The Referred Customer was not previously registered with the Service under any email address or alias;
- The Referred Customer is a) a legal resident of the United States of America and b) at least 18 years old; and
- Only one Qualified Referral can be earned for each Referred Customer up to a maximum of fifty Referred Customers per calendar year during the operation of the Programme. Any additional or subsequent purchases made by a Referred Customer will not be Qualified Referrals.
Credit for Qualified Referrals
Credit can only be awarded for Qualified Referrals.
The Referrer shall receive a unique Promotion Code for each verified Qualified Referral generated by the Referrer. Rewards may be redeemed in various forms at the Company's sole discretion. The details of the Reward for each referral will be specified in an email sent to the Referrer. Restrictions may apply.
Verified Qualified Referrals
Rewards are subject to verification. The Company may delay a Reward for the purposes of investigation. They may also refuse to verify and process any transaction the Company deems, at its sole discretion, to be fraudulent, suspicious, in violation of these Terms and Conditions, or believes will impose potential liability on Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents.
All of the Company's decisions are final and binding, including decisions as to whether a Qualified Referral, Credit or Reward is verified.
Transfer and Value of Credit and Rewards
Credit and Rewards have no monetary value and may not be redeemed for cash. Credit and Rewards are not transferable and may not be auctioned, traded, bartered or sold. Upon termination of the Programme, or any portion thereof, for any reason, any unredeemed Credit and Rewards accumulated by the Referrer are forfeited.
By participating in the Programme, Users agree to:
- defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Company, its Service Provider and its, or their, respective parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, together with their respective employees, directors, officers, licensees, licensors, shareholders, attorneys and agents including, without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, operation or administration of the Programme (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses caused by, arising out of, in connection with, or related to their participation in the Programme (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s) and/or the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of the Programme or any Reward); and
- be contacted by the Company via e-mail.
Company shall not be liable for:
- late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unreliable, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission;
- telephone systems, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors;
- data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials;
- any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a Reward, or from participation in the Programme, that were not reasonably foreseeable to the Company at the relevant time;
- any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors on any websites or materials associated with the Programme; or
- claims, demands, and damages in disputes among Users of the Programme.
The Company disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Programme, and reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Programme should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention, or other causes beyond the Company's control, corrupt the administration, security or proper running of the Programme.
The Company shall not be liable to any Users for failure to supply any Reward, or any part thereof, by reason of any act(s) of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, tornado, tsunami, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond any of the Released Parties' control.
The Company reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Programme should it determine, at its sole discretion, that the administration, security or fairness of the Programme has been compromised in any way.
If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Programme after the occurrence of prohibited conduct, we reserve the right to cancel, change, or suspend the Programme.
Prohibited Conduct, Generally
Users agree not to use the Programme to:
- Violate applicable law;
- Infringe the intellectual property rights of the Company, its Service Provider or any third parties;
- Stalk, harass, or harm another individual;
- Collect or store personal data about other Users;
- Impersonate any person or otherwise misrepresent User's identity;
- Interfere with, disrupt or violate the Terms and Conditions or servers or networks connected to the Programme; or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of such networks;
- Interfere with another User's use of the Programme;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Programme, other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Programme;
- Transmit any file that contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or any other contaminating or destructive features;
- Conduct any illegal activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity that infringes the rights of others;
- Resell, barter, trade, auction or otherwise generate income by providing access to the Programme to others
Bulk Distribution ("Spam")
If a Referrer provides a Personal Link to a Referred Customer by email, the email must be created and distributed in a personal manner that is appropriate and customary for communications with friends, colleagues and family members. By submitting the email addresses, the Referrer represents that he/she has their prior consent.
Bulk email distribution, distribution to strangers, or any other promotion of a Personal Link in a manner that would constitute or appear to constitute unsolicited commercial email or "spam" at the Company's sole discretion is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate termination of the Referrer's account and deactivation of the Personal Link. We have a no-tolerance spam policy. The Company has no obligation to monitor the content provided by Users; however, the Company may choose to do so and block any email messages, remove any such content, or prohibit any use of the Programme.
Each Referrer is the actual sender of the emails and must comply with applicable law. Referrers who do not comply with the law, including anti-spam laws, are obligated to indemnify the Programme Entities against any liabilities, costs and expenses it incurs as a results of such spam.
Fraudulent and Suspicious Behavior
The Company may prohibit a User from participating in the Programme or receiving a Credit or Reward, at their sole discretion, if they determine a User is attempting to undermine the fairness, integrity or legitimate operation of the Programme in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other users or representatives of the Company.
Use of any automated system, script, or macro to participate is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification. Users may not enter with multiple or fake emails addresses or accounts, use fictitious identities or use any system, bot or other device or artifice to participate in the Programme or receive a Reward.
The Company reserves the right to disqualify any User and/or cancel any Reward(s) if they find a User to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Programme or violating these Terms and Conditions.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAMME MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAMME. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Content Ownership and Use
The online platform and the Programme contain content that includes: designs, text, graphics, images, video, information, logos, button icons, software, audio files, computer code, and other content (collectively, "Content"). As between the User and the Company, all Content is the property of the Company or its licensors and is protected under copyright, trademark, and other laws. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all Content on the online platform or Programme is the exclusive property of the Company and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws.
License to You
The Company authorizes you, subject to these Terms, to access and use the online platform, Programme, and the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. This license is revocable at any time without notice and with or without cause. Unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, and applicable communications regulations and statutes and is strictly prohibited. You must preserve all copyright, trademarks, service marks, and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content on any copy you make of it.
Disclaimer of Warranties
USERS EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) YOUR USE OF THE PROGRAMME IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, THE PROGRAMME IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND TERMS (COLLECTIVELY, "PROMISES") OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR CUSTOM, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AS TO PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAMME, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; (B) THE COMPANY MAKES AND GIVES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE PROGRAMME WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE PROGRAMME WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE PROGRAMME WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED; AND (C) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAMME IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnification
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE COMPANY, INCLUDING ANY VENDORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH OR ASSISTING IN PROVIDING THE PROGRAMME, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE COMPANY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAMME; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH, FROM, OR AS A RESULT OF THE PROGRAMME; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OR THROUGH THE PROGRAMME; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE PROGRAMME. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, THE COMPANY'S, INCLUDING ANY VENDORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF ,OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE PROGRAMME, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED $100.
Users should use the Programme at their own risk.
Suggestions and Submissions
The Company appreciates hearing from Users and welcomes your comments regarding the Programme. Please be advised, however, that the Company does not accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, inventions, or materials ("creative ideas") other than those which we have specifically requested. While the Company values your feedback on the Programme, please be specific in your comments and do not submit creative ideas. If, despite this request, you send the Company creative ideas, they:
- Shall own, exclusively, all now known or later discovered rights to the creative ideas;
- Shall not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality and shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any creative ideas; and
- Shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the creative ideas for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or any other person.
All issues related to the protection, infringement, or misuse of copyrighted materials shall be governed by the copyright laws of the United States of America. All other matters relating to your participation in this Programme shall be governed by the laws of the Netherlands. Any legal action or proceeding relating to, or arising from, your participation in this Programme shall be instituted in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of courts sitting in Amsterdam, the Netherlands and agree that venue in these courts is proper for any such legal action or proceeding. You also agree that you not to assert in any legal action or proceeding involving Vistaprint that a court sitting in Amsterdam is an inconvenient forum for such legal action or proceeding.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Users and the Company concerning Users' use of the Programme. The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. A person who is not a party to these Terms shall have no right to enforce or receive the benefit of any of these Terms.